top of page


External Support for Parents

Everyone needs help from time to time, but often we are unaware of what support is available and where to access it. Below are a range of charities, professionals and support groups that may be of help to you.

Gingerbread – are the leading national charity working with single parent families and provide expert advice, practical support and campaign for single mums and dads.

Home | Gingerbread


Childcare Choices – Government help with childcare costs for parents. 

Whether you have toddlers or teens, you could get support.  Access the website for a step by step guide to all options that are available to you.

Childcare Choices | 30 Hours Free Childcare, Tax-Free Childcare and More | Help with Costs | GOV.UK

Applying for a Primary School Place – Don’t forget that if your child is 4 before the beginning of September you must apply for a primary school place.

The easiest way to apply is online at:

Applying for a school place - Wiltshire Council

The Rise Trust Children’s Centre - The Children’s Centres provide services for families with at least one child under the age of five. They offer non-judgemental, impartial, friendly advice and we are always there for you.

Advice covers many aspects of family life, including parenting, financial and adult learning.


The Rise Trust - Children's Centres in Chippenham and North Wiltshire

Wiltshire Money Service – provide free advice to help you understand how changes in global economy can affect your financial life.

Wiltshire Money – Money and Lending Guide (

Citizens Advice Centre -  Offering advice over the phone, by email and on web chat. (

bottom of page